Sheet Metal Fabricator - No Tools Required! in Pinellas Park, Florida
Aerospace Components and Parts
Sheet Metal Fabricator - No Tools Required!
- Working on Aerospace parts and components
- Pay: $21.00 per hour / $31.50 OT
- 1st shift - Mon-Thurs, 10hr days, Fri. off
- Contract Position: Duration of 12 months with the possibility of extension
- Perform a variety of operations to manufacture and fabricate sheet metal and extrusion parts.
- Set-up and operates one or more of the following varieties of machine tools: shears, brake press, routers, drill press, saws, roll formers, water jets, shapers, NC Punch, Stack routers, punch press, Hydro press, and hand formers.
- Display ability to plan, layout, interpret blueprints, sketches to all engineering specifications; determine sequence of operations, number of required cuts and method of setup.
- Use a variety of hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Make standard shop calculations relating to dimensions of work tooling, feeds and speeds.
- May monitor and verify quality with statistical process or other control procedures.
- May input data as required to assist with NC Programming.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and background:
- Experience using Manual Routers, Hand Routers, Table Saws, Drill Presses, and Hydraulic Saws is required.
- Must be able to read and fabricate to Blueprints specifications.
- Must also be able to perform lay-out of sheet metal and extrusion parts.
- Must be a team player, have the ability to multi-task and get along with other team members, the desire to learn and accept several fabrication job functions.
- A positive attitude and dependability is a must for this position.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Mathematical ability to perform and/or understand the calculations used in assigned areas and ability to read and interpret blueprints, specifications and technical data.
- Competently uses computers and other systems to access, maintain, and manipulate data.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interface with all levels, to work in teams or independently and communicate effectively with co-workers or supervisory staff.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.