Sheet Metal Assembler in Manassas, Virginia
LighteningStrike, Orion, Centaur, D8, Sidearm (UAV), Soalar Aircraft
Sheet Metal Assembler – Immediate Start with Highly Competitive Salary
- Manassas, VA
- Duration: Contract position – 3-6 months with the possibility of extension
- Start Date: ASAP
- Tools are recommended but are not required
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Work with prototype processes to produce a quality part or assembly.
- Close tolerance drilling.
- Work with assembly fixtures to correctly bond aircraft structures.
- Work closely with Engineering to fully understand part requirements.
- Serve as a leader and mentor with lower level techs working the part or assembly.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area with regard to FOD and safety.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- 3-5 years performing assembly on aircrafts made of composite material
- High school diploma
- Aerospace experience
- Prototype & First article experience
- Ability to interpret composite drawings and fabricate from them
- Composite drilling experience is a must
- Ability to work in a composite manufacturing environment.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. when needed.
- Capable of standing, bending or kneeling as needed to support the composite work.