Structures Assembler in Charleston, South Carolina
Aerospace Parts and Components
Structures / Sheet Metal
PlaneTechs is seeking Aircraft Structures Assemblers for long term work, in a manufacturing environment, in Charleston, NC. We offer a highly competitive pay package along with a dedicated PlaneTechs on-site representative for your daily support.
Location: Charleston, NC
Pay: Highly Competitive Pay Rate – Per Diem if Qualify
Aircraft Structures Assembler Role:
Summary: Performs routine production assembly operations on structural and mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and aircraft systems, equipment and accessories using manual operations.
- Ability to select correct parts, materials, tools, assemblies, standards, hardware, etc.
- Drill, shim, install, fit, fasten, align, adjust and perform the necessary pre-installation assembly work to accomplish the installation of structural components requiring the use of production and engineering prints to determine exact locations.
- Perform any repairs, rework, functional checks and the incorporation of authorized changes, etc., as outlined by Lead.
- Remove and/or replace installed components and any related parts.
- Must be able but not limited to Drill close tolerance holes in composites, Tool indexing, Gap measurement.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings, schematics, engineering dispositions and instructions.
- Be safety conscious; employ the use of safety glasses, safety harnesses, respirators, boot socks, and other pertinent safety equipment 100% of the time.
- Frequent overtime may be required.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 or more years’ related experience in Aerospace Manufacturing
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.