Sheet Metal, Structural Aircraft Mechanic in National Openings
Structures / Sheet Metal
PlaneTechs is Hiring Sheet Metal Mechanics
Now is your chance! PlaneTechs is looking to employ Sheet Metal Mechanics at various sites all across the country with exciting bonus plans and weekly direct deposits. Sheet Metal Mechanics with your skills are in high demand and PlaneTechs has the opening to further your career and/or maximize your earning potential. Whether looking for a short term temporary assignment, an assignment that can lead to permanent employment, or a direct position with a leading aviation company, PlaneTechs is here to assist you in achieving your short and long term goals.
Sheet Metal Mechanic tasks typically include:
- Repair body or structure of aircraft according to specifications.
- Reinstall repaired or replacement parts for subsequent riveting or welding, using clamps and wrenches.
- Read work orders, blueprints, and specifications or examine sample or damaged parts or structures to determine repairs or fabrication procedures and sequence of operations.
- Locate and mark dimension and reference lines on defective or replacement parts, using templates, scribes, compass, and steel rule.
- Cure bonded structures, using portable or stationary curing equipment.
- Communicate with other workers to fit and align heavy parts or expedite processing of repair parts.
- Clean, strip, prime, and sand structural surfaces and materials prior to bonding.
- Repair or fabricate defective sections or parts, using metal fabricating machines, saws, brakes, shears, and grinders.
- Remove or cut out defective parts or drill holes to gain access to internal defects or damages, using drill and punch.
Typical Sheet Metal Mechanic Requirements: (may vary from site to site)
- 2 years of recent aviation experience
- A&P License not typically required (Varies between opportunities)
- Full set of Sheet Metal tools required for most sites
- Open availability when it comes to shifts
- Able to pass background checks
- Able to pass drug tests
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.