Sheet Metal Assembler – Major OT Available! in Saint Charles, Missouri
Aircraft Parts and Components
Sheet Metal Assembler – Major OT Available!
Great Pay Rate – No Tools Required – A LOT of Overtime Available
Your role will be to assemble parts and components for various aircraft.
- Assemble aircraft parts and components according to specifications.
- Work from and follow process specifications, work orders, blueprints, rework/rejection tags, schedules, schematics, layout & modification sheets, engineering orders and verbal/written instruction.
- Interpret document/instruction (above) to determine sequence and methods to assemble and repair sheet metal products.
- Pull parts from bin; report any shortages to Supervisor.
- Work different gauge/type of sheet metal such as stainless steel, or aluminum, according to product specifications.
- Clean components; load component parts onto jig/fixture.
- Lay out and mark dimensions, reference lines, and hole locations on material to develop and trace patterns of product or part to tolerance matings/fits according to paperwork or written/verbal instructions.
- Drill, ream, rivet, fit, countersink, adjust, finish, and inspect part to ensure that specifications are met.
- Trim, file, grind, deburr, buff, and smooth surfaces.
- Properly prepare surfaces and apply sealant/adhesives per specifications.
- Call for inspection.
- Work off rework to engineering to eliminate non-conformance.
- Scrutinize every facet of job and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- One year of previous experience in related work such as carpentry, sheet metal work and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Skilled at using a variety of small hand tools.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A valid clear driver's license.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.